Picture

Picture

Monday, October 29, 2012

Made of Awesome: Megan Rapinoe


She is the queen of women's soccer.  She had the most perfect pass in I have EVER seen to Abby Wambach in the 2011 goal vs Brazil (you soccer lovers know what I am talking about).  She is a member of the USWNT and the women's Seattle Sounders team.  She is always laughing and being a nut on and off the field.  She has a t-shirt made just because of her hair.  In fact, she has a twitter page dedicated just to her hair.  She is my FAVORITE soccer player in the world, and she is the queen of all that is awesome.  She is the one and only, Megan Rapinoe.
I mean for real, check out this hair.
The excess celebration in the 2012 Olympics was so great.

Oh Yeah!  And She has a twin sister :)
She may not seem so intimidating off the soccer filed, but get this girl some boots and toss her a ball and you don't stand a chance.  Her speed and skill with the ball make her a HUGE asset to the USWNT and she is a dominant key player.  She has been nominated for the Fifa Women's Player of the Year and is well worthy of it!  Watching her play soccer gives me chills and I can only hope someday I would even be a fraction as good as she is as a player.  Oh, and I wish I had as good of hops and celebration skills as she has.
The 27 year old from California played soccer at the University of Oregon and led the team to NCAA NAtional Championships.  In 2006 she became a member of the US Women's National Senior team and helped lead the team to several Gold Medals and a solid World Cup appearance.  She is an amazing midfielder and can place the ball anywhere in the net she wants to put it.  Also, if I had the balls to pull of a hairdo like hers I would, but that is why it is called the Pinoe cut.  No one can have hair cool enough to have a t-shirt made after it I mean really
Unfortunately they do not make this t-shirt anymore.  Sad, sad day.


There is so much I can say about this crazy woman.  I love her so much because of her passion for the sport and her outgoing attitude that reminds me so much of myself.  Her tattoo on her bicep says "Nature Ran My Coarse" and then the tattoo on her wrist says "Trust Yourself".  My tattoo on my side says "I am Who I am".  All relative to being yourself and living life to the fullest.  When teammate Hope Solo was asked to describe Pinoe, she laughed and simply replied "Her own person." YES!  That is exactly why I love Rapinoe so much, she is such a hoot off the field and so fun to watch on the field.  Trust me the soccer world knows Megan Rapinoe and you can easily find more information about her, but I am going to leave you with a few pictures and a video and stop rambling because I could talk Pinoe all day.  I will leave the rest of you to dig more into her story if you so desire, or if you are obsessed like me, then keep being a rock star and following the queen of awesomeness :).

This video is about Pinoe in her hometown :)  Enjoy!!!!!

Until next week Friends, followers, and footballers alike.
Love the business.  Love the game.
<3 Jule






1 comment: