Picture

Picture

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Soccer on FIRE


Chicago, pizza, beer and futball.  Who in there right mind would think that anything involving those components wasn't a good time?! Just a few days ago I took yet another adventurous trip to the windy city to see the men in red, Chicago Fire, take on Columbus Crew on a chilly September evening.  The Fire have been on a mean winning streak that has landed them a second place standing in their MLS division.  I had been to several Fire games previous years, but every game I have been to they come up short.  Needless to say I thought maybe bringing a little Iowa flavor with me to Toyota Park was a bad omen...  SPOILER ALERT: Fire actually won their game 2-1 this time! 

Anyways, the game was great!  First 5,000 fans in the stadium received a free Chicago Fire mini soccer ball compliments of ALDI.  Well isn't that a fancy way of advertising, way to go ALDI!  Since their headquarters is located in Berlin, Germany, they know how soccer is the way to get the good people in their stores.  HaHa.  Relating to that, Quaker Oats is the new sponsor of the Fire.  They signed a three year, $7.5 million dollar deal with the Fire.  The company shares similar goals with the Fire about trying to reach the youth and living a healthier life style.  It was a surprise to me because in my hometown of Cedar Rapids, Iowa Quaker Oats is one of the largest companies in the city!  So knowing I have somewhat of a connection to the Fire from Quaker Oats in CR was pretty neat to discover. 
Anyways, it was great to see a competitive match versus the two teams.  It was a chilly 50 degrees, but after tailgating, bundling up, and cheering you get pretty warm.  The Fire came back from being down an early goal to win the game 2-1.  This helped them gain more points and stay on top in that #2 spot!  Chicago: the city that I love, the team that I love, the pizza that I love,  and the memories that I cherish forever.  Thanks for another great trip!  One for the books. 
Love the Business.  Love the Game.
Have a wonderful week!
~Jule 

No comments:

Post a Comment